Automatic Text De-Identification: How and When is it Acceptable?
Our interactive panel at the AMIA annual symposium encountered great success and active participation by the audience.
The audience experience with automatic text de-identification we limited, based on their feed-back:
- Stephane M. Meystre, MD, PhD (Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC)
- David S. Carrell, PhD (Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA)
- John Aberdeen, MA (The MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA)
- Valentina Petkov, MD, MPH (Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD)
- Jonathan C. Silverstein, MD, MS (University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA)